I thought I had chosen my "word" for 2017. Yet, I decided to spontaneously choose one for my new collage journal, and I was utterly amazed how my word for 2017 chose me!
The word dramatic surprised me, yet since most of 2016 was spent quietly behind my computer finishing up ten years worth of writing projects, this is my year to get in front of the camera to teach on Life Book 2017.
Dramatic is a wonderful opposite to my introverted, contemplative writer self!
Synonyms for dramatic are: considerable, substantial, sizeable, marked, noticeable, appreciable; significant, notable, noteworthy, remarkable, extraordinary, exceptional, phenomenal. How exciting is this?!
Spontaneously Choosing a Word
- Ask the question, "What word do I want to live into in 2017?"
- Intuitively choose a magazine.
- Flip through until you find a word that surprises or delights you, and cut it out.
- Research and contemplate what your word means to you.
- Create a collage to celebrate and illustrate your word.
Reasons for Choosing a One Word New Year's Resolution
1. Choosing ONE WORD for the next 12 months invokes clarity. Most of us forget our long list of intentions. It is easier to remember one word.
2. ONE WORD deepens change. It relieves the pressure of having to make too many changes all at once and provides a laser focus on one significant change.
What is your ONE WORD for the year?
Visit me on Intuitive Collage 365 - my 2017 online collage and poetry journal.