Come Play with Me!
"The creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect but by the play instinct."
~ Carl Jung
I am posting a series of 30 "purely intuitive" digital collages on Instagram HERE.
Choice 1: Follow the 30 Collage Challenge Prompts. Name your collage for social media according to the day and theme.
Day 1 - Map
Choice 2: Purely Intuitive. If you want to be utterly spontaneous with your digital or paper collages - name and tag:
Day 1 - (Your Collage Title)
After launching my new intuitive collage challenge two weeks ago - the online app that I used for my digital collages was missing in action a day later! Gone!
The good news is - the app is back now! I am having fun playing around with Freemix when I get a chance. I find spontaneous collage to so emotionally revealing and healing. I have been integrating aspects of my "mother-self" and my "teen-self" and my "sexual-self" through digital collage.
Some words to the wise...When a website's URL has not been updated to https it shows up as "not secure" on Chrome. Use the website at your own discretion. Freemix does not require any passwords or financial information to use so it seems ok to play around on.
Freemix is a bit awkward in places, but it is the easiest free collage app I have found so far. There are some "workarounds" needed for certain functions. For example, the download button does not work for me, so I download my digital collages under the share button.
The downloads are not high resolution - so this is mainly an emotional processing and "art-play" tool for me. My hope is that owners update it, as there is not anything comparable that I have found online for collage lovers.
A quick way to create a collage on FREEMIX
1. Go to http://www.freemix.com/
2. Create a profile.
3. Click on to the "Create" button at the top and your blank background will appear.
4. Click on the "Image Library" button on the right.
5. Click on "Background" on the top and choose a background. Resize as needed. If you are going to upload on Instagram, you might want to create a square background. Tag #30daycollagechallenge on Instagram.
6. After you have chosen a background. Switch to the "Cutouts" option at the top of your collage background. Add all of your collage elements until you are finished.
7. I like to leave the setting on "Random" on the sidebar at all times, as I love the mystery of creating an intuitive collage from what the program generates for me.
8. Choose and arrange 5-10 "Cutouts" to create a collage on your background. Your collages will save automatically on your profile. Or, collage all your imagery on a white background and choose your background at the very end.
Collaging Without Magazines
So many people ask me about ways to collage without magazines as they are getting harder to find. I tried digital collage and I am hooked. So spontaneous! So fun! So intuitive! So easy!
The collages I created for this free prompt series were made digitally on http://www.freemix.com/
Will you join me for 30 days of intuitive collage? Join the free prompt series HERE.