“The discipline of creation, be it to paint, compose, write, is an effort towards wholeness."
~ Madeleine L'Engle
I often get asked questions about how to choose expressive arts courses in my online school. I have detailed the therapeutic benefits of each course for you below.
All expressive arts courses offer you regular email prompts to support you to express your truth and heal emotionally. My courses "keep you company" through your daily expressive practices offering fresh ideas, visual and verbal prompts, and deep insights into the emotional healing process.
* Five Stages of Self-Expression
We are all at different stages in our expressive journey:
*1. Some of us are discovering that there is more to ourselves than just our social presentation. We do not yet understand what is "pushing up" for emotional healing, and we need to find ways to express our inner world.
* 2. Some of us need daily ways express, release and reduce emotional pressure without worrying about what it all means just yet.
*3. Some of us need to make sense of what we are expressing so that we can understand how to change our thinking patterns.
*4. Some of us need to process and transform deep pockets of emotional pain such as childhood and teenage hurt, trauma, shame, low self-worth, fear, grief and anger.
*5. Some of us see that our emotional healing is connected to our spiritual healing. We know we need "higher help" to heal the most stubborn pockets of pain within. We also ache to understand the deeper meaning and purpose of our life.
How Expressive Art Workshops Support the Five Stages of Self-Expression
1. Photo Therapy - Take a photo every day for 30 days. Breathe, observe and emotionally respond to your environment through a photo a day. (See *1)
2. Narrative Therapy - Daily Story Writing for 30 Days. This e-course provides daily prompts to invite you to consider how you see your "problems" and discover what inspires you about your life right now. (See *1)
3. Expressive Poetry - Poetry with Imagery for 30 Days. This course will support you to select imagery that feels strong for you and to write about it spontaneously. In this course, you will begin to see what is burbling below your subconscious mind and learn how to identify what is coming into your conscious mind for emotional healing. (See *1)
4. Symbolic Journeys - Art, Poetry and Collage Prompts for 45 Days. These art and writing prompts will support you to play, draw, paint, collage, create poetry, experiment, free associate, and explore what imagery and visual symbols mean to you. (See *1)
5. Intuitive Collage for Emotional Insight - Create a Ten Minute Intuitive Collage for 30 Days. Create a small torn paper collage and learn to "read into" what your personal symbolism is trying to communicate. (See *2, and *3)
6. Healing Difficult Emotions with Expressive Art - Intuitive Painting, Drawing, Collage and Writing Therapy for 15 Days. This course provides an excellent introduction to the expressive arts. Simple art exercises such as painting, drawing and collage will support you to examine emotional struggles such as worry, fear, frustration, fear, conflict, negativity, heartbreak and addiction. (See *2 and *3)
7. Collage for Self-Discovery - A Spontaneous Collage Every Day for 90 Days. This e-course provides a daily cathartic emotional release through daily collage. Many visual examples and daily email prompts are included. This course is especially useful if you feel flooded with unprocessed emotions that you need to release. (See *2 and *3)
Daily Journal E-Courses - Part 1, 2 and 3.
Once you have released the pressure of emotional repression through imagery, you will need to learn how your belief patterns create your reality. Each daily journal course invites you to consider three questions that will support you to understand your emotions.
8. 30 Days of Inspired Creativity - 30 Days of Journal Writing - Part 1. This daily journal e-course will help you crack into the mystery of what is bothering you emotionally. Supporting you to move out of depression, repression, self-rejection, financial struggle and hurt, I share personal stories to inspire you on a daily writing journey through your emotions. (See *3)
9. 30 Days of Authentic Self-Expression - 30 Days of Journal Writing - Part 2. This journal writing course will support you move beyond feeling victimized by your emotional pain and will support you to better communicate your authentic feelings with others people. This course will inspire you to process painful emotional states with self-love. (See *3)
10. 30 Days of Passion and Purpose - 30 Days of Journal Writing Therapy - Part 3. When we move into our authentic magnitude, our relationships need to re-calibrate. This journal writing e-course will support you to gracefully handle the re-calibration that authentic growth brings. (See *3)
11. Creative Abundance - 40 Affirmative Journaling Prompts. This e-guide also includes daily affirmations to support your creative visions to manifest in the real world. (See *3)
12. * New Course: Healing Trauma with Intuitive Art - 30 days of intuitive creativity prompts to support gentle, well-paced trauma healing. Learn how to love and heal yourself through intuitive drawing, poetry, painting, collage. (See *4)
13. 100 Days of Art Journal Therapy - 100 Days of Expressive Art, Poetry and Narrative Therapy. This e-course comprehensively offers 100 days of art and writing directives to support you to move through deep pockets of emotional pain in safely paced, wise and innovative ways. (See *3, 4, 5)
14. New Course: Healing Grief with Art and Writing - 70 expressive art and writing prompts and 50 self-care ideas to help you heal through loss, grief, and difficult life transitions. (*See #4, 5)
15. A Course in Creating Miracles - 365 Days of Spiritual Practices for Emotional Healing. This course will support you to understand the spiritual reasons for your emotional pain in a simple to understand format. It includes daily contemplations to calm your nervous system and quiet your mind. Note: There are no art-making exercises in this course. (See #5)
All video lessons are released right after you pay so that you can dive into them all at once if you like!
16. Bloom Into Collage - 3 Video Classes. A fun video course on the art of spontaneous collage! Start with a surprise collage challenge. Next, create an affirmative pattern collage and an intuitive poem. And, finally, learn how to create an intuitive collage for emotional release.
17. Intuitive Mandala Meditations - 5 Video Classes. In this Five Part Video Mandala Course you will learn how to: EXPRESS spontaneously. EXPLORE art materials. PLAY with shapes. CALM your mind, and ASPIRE to happiness.
Did you know that you can significantly save money by purchasing your expressive arts courses in bundles? View descriptions of the Course Bundles HERE
All courses from Expressive Art Workshops are designed to reconnect you to your intuition through spontaneous art and expressive writing so that you can see, process and heal your emotions, and access the happiness of complete self-love.
View all Courses HERE